QUEENSTOWN & WANAKA Wedding Photographer
QueensTown & Wanaka Wedding Photography
So you’ve searched online for a wedding photographer in the Queenstown and Wanaka region of New Zealand and here you are at our site. The first thing that we want you to know about us is yes, we definitely photograph weddings in the Queenstown and Wanaka areas.
We are a wife and husband team – Michelle & James – who focus on wedding photography in New Zealand during the southern summer. James grew up in Hastings and Michelle was raised in Wellington.
While in New Zealand we are based out of Wellington but travel all around the country photographing weddings, especially in Queenstown, Wanaka and Lake Tekapo. In 2015 we were awarded the New Zealand Wedding Photographers of the Year by NZIPP (New Zealand Institute of Professional Photographers).
Destination Weddings & PRE-WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
For weddings in Queenstown we recommend you contact us and share more about your wedding. If you are getting married in Wanaka or Tekapo we want to hear from you and we can go over more specifics then.
Common Locations to take wedding photos
There are many amazing spots to take wedding photos in Queenstown, Wanaka and Central Otago. Here are some of our favourites:
- The Remarkables - This impressive mountain range stand high over Queenstown and are a truly majestic sight to behold. The road up to Double Cone ski-field gives you wide views over the stunning Queenstown landscape.
- Glenorchy - A short trip by car from Queenstown central, the road to Glenorchy provide jaw-dropping views of the lake and mountains.
- Roy's Hill - Roy's hill is best accessed by helicopter, and the thrilling ride is well worth it. When you reach the summit you will be greeted with stunning views right down lake Wanaka.
- Shotover River Bridge - The beautiful old shot-over bridge was recently restored and is a lovely place to get photos done, especially in Fall/Autumn when the trees lining the river turn a rich gold hue.
- Cecil Peak - Cecil Peak sits opposite the Queentown township - taking a helicopter ride to this peak will give you unencumbered 360° views across Lake Wakatipu and an experience you will never forget.
- Jack's Point - Jack's Point is just 15 minutes from Queenstown, and is one of the most spectacular landscapes in the world on the shores of Lake Wakatipu.
- Lake Tekapo - Approximately 2 hours north of Wanaka, Lake Tekapo lies in the heart of the Mackenzie Country. This alpine lake has a unique blue colour due to the incredible purity of the water.
- Lindis Pass - The road to Lake Tekapo from Wanaka passes through picturesque Lindis Pass. The colours of these mountains change with the seasons, from purple, to yellow to snow white.
How To Book
If you’re interested in hiring us, the first thing we do is setup a time for a Skype chat (assuming we’re not in the same town). We always want to get to know you first, and make sure we’re a good fit to be your wedding photographers.
So if you’re planning a wedding for Queenstown or Wanaka and are looking for a photographer, we’d love to hear from you!
James & Michelle